Tips for Student Riders and their Parents
Below are some safety tips from Rolling V, as we wind up the summer and gear up for “Back to School” time!
School buses are the safest way for students to travel, but children also need to do their part to stay aware of their surroundings to prevent injury. Rolling v urges parents to work with their bus driver to teach their children the following safety rules for getting on and off the bus, and for exercising good behavior while riding.
Boarding the Bus:
• When waiting for the bus, stay away from traffic and avoid roughhousing or other behavior that can lead to carelessness
• Do not stray onto the street
• Line up away from the street or road as the bus approaches
• Wait until the bus has stopped and the door opens before approaching the bus
• Use the handrail when boarding
Behavior on the Bus:
• Stay in your seat, keep your body out of the aisle
• Don’t put your head, arms or hands out the window
• Wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from your seat
Departing from the Bus:
• Use the handrail when exiting
• If you have to cross in front of the bus, first walk at least 10 large steps ahead until you can see the driver
• Make sure the driver can see you
• Wait for a signal from the driver before crossing
• When the driver signals, look left, right, then left again. Walk across the road and keep an eye out for sudden traffic changes
• If your vision is blocked, move to an area where you can see other drivers and they can see you
• Do not cross the center line of the road until the driver signals it is safe
• Stay away from the rear wheels of the bus at all times
Tips for Other Motorists
School buses will soon be back in route, and students walking along side of the road or waiting at bus stops. Please watch carefully for children in these areas or near school buses.
That if you are approaching a school bus from either the front or behind, and the yellow lights are flashing on top of the bus, the bus is preparing to make a stop.
If the buses red lights on top of the bus are flashing, YOU MUST STOP! It’s the law!!
This includes school buses that are stopped on multi-lane roadways, in parking lots and on school grounds.
Let’s all work together to have another safe school year in our community!
South Fallsburg, N.Y. – August 15, 2017 – The pick]up of donated furniture and household items and delivery to those […]
South Fallsburg, N.Y. – June 30, 2017 — Rolling V Bus Corp., a Catskill Region-based school bus transportation company, announced […]
SOUTH FALLSBURG, N.Y. (April 24, 2017) – Rolling V Bus Corp., a Catskill Region-based school bus transportation company, has announced […]
SOUTH FALLSBURG, N.Y. (January 23, 2017) – Rolling V Bus Corporation has recently announced an expansion of their recruitment programs […]
SOUTH FALLSBURG, N.Y. (December 15, 2016) — Rolling V Bus Corporation employees and their managers have donated more than $16,000 […]
South Fallsburg, N.Y. – Feb. 16, 2015 — Rolling V Bus Corp., a leading passenger transportation company based in the […]
SOUTH FALLSBURG, N.Y. – Feb. 10, 2016 — Rolling V Bus Corp., a leading provider of passenger transportation in the […]